Who Should You Hire to Build Your Business Website
“Deciding who should build your website is not easy. However, it is an important decision that will determine the quality of the website you get.”
Nowadays, every business needs a good website so that it can establish a great online presence, thus making it easier to compete in the market. That being said, the process of getting a website is not quite easy as ordering just taking your phone and ordering something; you have to make several decisions such as what type of website you need, how much should you pay for it, when do you want it, etc. However, the most important decision you have to make is who should you hire to build your website. When you are looking for Web Development Vancouver, you have to decide between hiring a website building company or a freelancer, which is not quite easy. To help you make the right decision, below is a look at both of these options and what they can offer you.
A freelancer is an independent contractor with a certain set of skills and works for different clients – individual clients as freelance website builders or for companies as independent contractors. Some contractors can also be self-employed website builders who have their own clients, but for some reason, do not own a business.
Pros Of Hiring A Freelancer
- Freelancers Are Cheaper – Since freelancers work alone, and mostly from their own homes, they have fewer overhead costs than website building companies.
- When working with a freelancer, you only deal with one person, which can make it easier for you to get updates on the progress
- To attract more clients, reputable freelancers offer top-notch customer services
Cons To Working With A Freelancer
- Freelancers work with multiple clients, even at the same time, and thus you can find yourself in a situation where your project is not given a priority.
- Since freelancers work on their own, they take more time to build a website, which can cause delays.
- It is very easy to fall in the hands of freelancers who offer substandard services, thus ending up with a website that is very poor in quality.
- Sometimes, communicating with a freelancer is very hard due to time zone differences – especially if you hire a freelancer who is based overseas.
Working With A Website Building Company
Web building companies are established businesses that have been in business for quite some time. They are usually composed of website building team(s), with each team having members with a variety of skills, for example, project manager, web developer, web designer, graphic designer, copywriters, SEO specialist, programmer, etc.
Benefits Of Working With A Web Building Company
- Better Work Quality
One of the biggest benefits of hiring a reputable web building company is that you are guaranteed high quality work, since most companies will only hire the best talent in the job market. In addition, web building companies have more resources, and thus they can be able to access better tools and technology when building your website.
- More Professional Work
When you hire a web building company, you enter into a contract with the company, which helps to maintain a very high level of professionalism. Most web building companies also make use of project managers, who keeps you updated on the progress of the project, and at the same time, ensures that the team in charge of your project is always on schedule.
- On-Time Delivery Of Your Project
As already mentioned, web building companies work in teams, which helps to get the work done more quickly and efficiently. This helps to ensure that there are no delays in delivering your finished project.
Cons Of Hiring A Web Development Company
- The Services Can Be A Bit Expensive
The services provided by a web building company will be, most likely, more expensive than those of freelancers. However, they compensate for this by delivering high quality work. Web building companies are also very professional, and there will be very few issues when you are working with one.
Natasha Golinsky is the Principal and Lead Project Manager at On Purpose Projects. With over 20 years combined experience in working with WordPress, her team has expertise in every area of Web Development Vancouver and Custom Website Design Vancouver.